Our mission is to transform lives and inspire change. We aim to ensure you have a positive experience of working with us by providing a supportive and caring environment.
We also have a unique commitment to social impact which means we support our staff and our students to have a positive effect on the world and our society.
Generous benefits package
Our job opportunities all include an excellent benefits package that includes many features that are hard to find in the private sector:
- Generous annual leave allowance, including Christmas/New Year closure;
- Pension scheme membership to provide benefits for you and your family;
- Generous sick pay;
- Employee assistance programme with advice line and counselling;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Long service awards;
- Staff discounts on a range of products and local services including the ability to purchase a TOTUM student discount card which gives you access to over 350 student discounts.
Since education is part of our core business, we care deeply about career and personal development. You’ll benefit from:
- a structured induction programme for new starters, to make you feel welcome and part of our team.
- an annual performance and development review, to help identify your career aspirations and structure your individual development plan;
- access to an extensive programme of courses, designed by our in-house Staff Development team, for all career stages;
- access to LinkedIn Learning – a library of high quality training videos that cover a wide range of subjects.
At the University of Northampton, we believe in the importance of health and wellbeing and we aim to ensure it underpins the staff and student experience at all stages. With this in mind we have introduced the Waterside Wellbeing Community, bringing together teams from across the University to support, improve and promote the wellbeing and physical and mental health of those living, studying and working here.
We have trained over 130 Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we have a network of staff who have the knowledge and confidence to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues and can signpost you towards the right support.
We have a number of staff networks to support you including LGBT+, GEM and Women.
Our Employee Assistance Programme which is provided by our Occupational Health partner includes advice and counselling services to offer support through times of difficulty.
Work-life balance/ Smarter Working
We want you to be able to carry out your work in a way that best supports UON and our students, but also you as individuals. We understand what that looks like will vary between different areas of the university as well as from one person to another. With Smarter Working you can work with increased flexibility, if you would like to, to facilitate greater freedom, autonomy and to better support each of us as individuals.
Should you have family/caring responsibilities, we also have a whole package of family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave, and leave for family emergencies.
We have reaffirmed our commitment to combating climate change and have pledged to become net zero carbon by 2030. We have also retained our green accreditation in Investors in the Environment.